Link to Podcast and Works Cited

https://soundcloud.com/kellen-obrien/changing-perceptions-of-video-game-music

Introduction to Podcast:
Hello everyone, this will be my last post up here. Directly above I've posted a link to my final podcast assignment. Directly below I've got my (relatively small) works cited page. The article is kind of interesting if anyone wants to check it out. I don't want to give away too much of the podcast, but it's essentially about music in video games. I talk a little bit about what classic game music actually sounds like and some sonic signifiers that are used to identify it (heavy use of synthesizer, looped tracks, etc.). Then I talk a little bit about how video game music is perceived by society, and how its association with games seems to lessen its value in some people's eyes. I close up with a discussion on how video game music covers can change people's perception of the music. If someone doesn't appreciate video game music very much, they might appreciate it more if it's paired up with a genre they respect. Throughout the podcast, I used some sound clips from both original video game songs and their covers when appropriate. If you want to find the name of a song and don't want to skip through the podcast here's a quick list of the songs I utilized: "Chemical Plant Zone" (original from Sonic the Hedgehog, jazz cover by the Consouls) and "Super Mario Bros. Theme." I also identified some artists on YouTube you could listen to if you're interested in finding more on the subject: insaneintherainmusic, Mariachi Entertainment System, and Jazz Paladin Productions. Anyway, thanks for reading, hope you enjoy the podcast!


Works Cited

CBS, "How video games are saving symphony orchestras." https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-video-games-are-saving-symphony-orchestras-and-filling-concert-halls/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Analysis of Cab Calloway's "St. James Infirmary Blues" in Snow-White

Critical Reading Review 10

Critical Reading Review 4